Welden & Edwards, formerly Welden Property Management Ltd which specialised purely as a letting business was incorporated in 2005. Dean & Caroline Edwards purchased the business in 2013 and have nurtured the business to allow it to grow from strength to strength. Welden & Edwards is a full service, independent property company with an experienced and dedicated lettings and management team.
As a local family-run business, we have built a trusted reputation based on honest professionalism and personalised care to our clients. We are responsible for managing an extensive and diverse portfolio across Devon; such as Tiverton, Exeter, Barnstaple and the surrounding villages and towns between.
Our ongoing success of our letting department is as a result of staying true to our core values of honest professionalism, integrity, resilience and client focus.
Wow took the stress out of the entire process
"Can highly recommend Welden & Edwards very helpful, knowledgeable fantastic service. Kept us regularly updated. Will be using them again without hesitation."
A brief summary of our four main services are outlined below:
60% INC VAT* of first months’ rent
*(Min. £420 INC VAT)
- Advising as to the likely rental income
- Advertising and generally marketing the property in appropriate ways to find a suitable tenant
- Interviewing prospective tenants and taking up references including bank reference, employer or previous landlord reference and character reference.
- Preparing the Tenancy Agreement (in standard format) and signing on your behalf if required
- Arranging for the legally required compliance checks and paperwork for the Property. This may include a gas safety record, an energy performance certificate, mains electrical testing and portable appliance testing, if applicable. All costs will be borne by the Landlord.
- Arranging viewings using the keys supplied or in co-ordination with the current occupier.
- Preparation of inventory/schedule of condition and photographs prior to occupation
- Collecting the first months rent and paying this over to the client (less the fee for the letting service) when the Tenant has taken possession of the property
- Taking meter readings and advising the providing companies with the meter readings and transfer of service contract at the beginning of each tenancy
- Passing the deposit either to the landlord or to the Custodial Scheme whichever is appropriate i.e. Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) or Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS).
9.6% incl VAT.
Everything included in the Introduction Only service; plus:
- Collection of rent with a direct transfer to the landlord’s account.
- Rent arrears chasing
- Checking the tenant in for their new tenancy at the property.
- This service excludes maintenance and quarterly inspections.
- For each new tenancy, there is a one-off £120 INC VAT fee with service.
12% incl VAT.
Everything within the Introduction Only & Financial Management service; plus:
- Collection of rent with a direct transfer to the landlord’s account
- Rent arrears chasing, if necessary.
- Quarterly inspections of the property, followed with a written report of the condition and any necessary repairs that may be required, for the landlord to stay informed.
- Organising works orders and obtaining quotes when work is required at the property.
- Administering tenants’ notices should the landlord want the property back and dealing with checking them out of the property, ensuring it is in the same condition as when prior to their occupancy.
- For each new tenancy, there is a one-off £120 INC VAT fee with this service.
14.4% incl VAT
As well as every service included in the above, Welden & Edwards will take out an insurance policy which will protect your rental income, should your tenant not be able to or stop fulfilling their rental payments. This fully protects you as a landlord.
Get in touch
Call us on 01884 257997 or send us a message...